XRC4R NEXT GENERATION FORGED RACE CALIPERS
Wilwood’s Next Generation XRC4R race calipers combine decades of race experience, advanced computer finite element analysis, and state-of-the-art machining into a lighter, stiffer race caliper. Premium-grade, stress-flow forged billet aluminum creates a superior caliper with better rotor and brake fluid cooling.
- Unique center X-bridge strengthens caliper without adding mass or obstructing airflow
- FEA design and precision machining results in a caliper weighing just
- 11 pounds – 25% less than a comparable Wilwood Superlite
- Innovative body design leaves material where it is most needed to reduce deflection and removes it from everywhere else
- Durable aluminum-oxide ceramic Type III hard-anodized finish
- Staggered-bore piston front calipers provide more even engagement, consistent feel, and improved pad wear
- Thermlock® thermal barrier pistons and high-temperature seals for reduces heat transfer to fluid
- Internal dampening springs control piston knock-back without sacrificing unneeded friction
- Single-point bleed technology with low-profile bleed screws provide for a more efficient bleed process
- Uses 0.80”/20.3mm thick brake pads for extended life; available in three high-friction, fade-resistant race compounds
- Pads retained by two no-bind pins for improved release and less drag
- Models for 0.81” or 1.25” width rotors and three piston bore sizes cover front and rear applications
New GM Metric Caliper and Receives IMCA Approval
Wilwood’s Racing division has announced the release of a new GM metric cast iron brake caliper, which was awarded IMCA (International Motor Contest Association) approval for use by its members in competition. The caliper is purpose-built for racing and is equipped with high-temperature seals, a 2.50″ piston bore, and accommodates 11.00″ or 11.75″ rotors up to 1.04″ wide. Dual symmetrical bleeder locations eliminate the need for carrying multiple spares as the calipers may be right or left mounted.
Lightweight Brake Kits for Drag Strut Spindles
Every pound counts in drag racing. Wilwood Racing’s new front kits for struts with spindle- mounted wheels are some of the lightest brakes available, at less than six pounds per wheel. That includes the Dynalite billet aluminum single-piston caliper, 10.00” drilled rotor, hat, brackets, brake lines and hardware.
These kits deliver supplemental braking on cars using rear brakes and parachutes for most of their stopping. Kits are available for the popular AFCO and Santhuff’s drag racing struts with various wheels.
New XR Race-Only Brake Fluid
Wilwood’s new XR Race-Only* Brake Fluid is the same extreme high-temperature fluid formula used in the most demanding race series, including Formula 1, World Rally Championship, FIA World Endurance, and Moto GP. XR Brake Fluid is formulated to deliver the absolute best, most consistent pedal feel, start to finish, even in the most adverse racing conditions.
Laboratory testing indicates XR Race-Only Brake Fluid has a dry boiling point of 645°F / 340°C thanks to a proprietary blend of high- performance polymer electrolytes and borate esters. This polyglycol- ether-based non-DOT4 fluid combines the lowest compressibility, lowest moisture affinity, and highest resistance to aeration of any brake fluid available.
Each premium 16.9 ounce metal can with airtight safety seal ensures fresh, clean fluid upon opening.
Lightweight Billet Reservoirs for Remote- or Direct-Mount
Finned aluminum brake fluid reservoirs from Wilwood give your firewall a unique high-performance look. Machining ribs in the billet reduces weight (now 4.6 oz. – 3 oz. less than Wilwood’s standard billet reservoir) and increases surface area for passive cooling.
These durable reservoirs hold 4 oz. of fluid and can be mounted directly to Wilwood’s single or tandem remote master cylinders, or plumbed remotely with braided stainless flex lines (sold separately). Choose from media burnished aluminum with matching cap or hard anodized gray with black nylon cap. Matching billet mounting brackets are also available.
About Wilwood Engineering
Founded by Bill Wood in 1977, Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brakes and components from their headquarters in Camarillo, California. Products are engineered and rigorously tested for any application, creating unsurpassed braking quality and performance with sleek, modern designs. From race cars to classic cars, Wilwood has the brakes to stop you.
PRI – Performance Racing Industry Trade Show 2021 – BOOTH: 809